This is nothing short of brilliant! Our primary cooking skillets are All Clad Stainless Steel and ever since we've had them I've had a tendency to have most of my food end up sticking the bottom of the skillet - especially any version of eggs. Well I finally had enough and did a little searching online after 7 years of this issue. After much distilling and a bunch of non informative reading I came across a buried comment on one post that has been The Answer. The basic gist of the comment said that he had learned the technique while working in a restaurant that regularly needed to Quick Season their skillets. Bottom line ...
- Take your clean stainless steel skillet and warm it up empty over a medium to high heat.
- Remove skillet from heat source and while still warm:
- Add ~1 Tsp Vegetable oil (or at least not olive oil since it breaks down too easy compared) - coat thoroughly.
- Add ~1 Tbsp Coarse Salt.
- Wad up a bunch of paper towels and scour the salt thru the oil until you're confident you have completely scoured and saturated the pan.
- Wipe out all the salt and excess oil
Your skillet has successfully been seasoned. Now you are ready to cook without sticking. Only steps left are ...
- Preheat skillet to a medium or medium high heat
- Add vegetable oil
- Add desired food and get cooking