I finally branched out and found a great local butchery here in Richmond, VA - Belmont Butchery. They had a great selection of cured meats and I was happy to buy some quality bacon and pancetta. This is a very simple dish that pairs great with any selection of your favorite leafy greens. For this recipe I wasn't too precise so "season to taste" applies to the herbs and spices. Then figure a breast of chicken per person.
- 1 - 2 slices of Pancetta
- 2 Chicken Breast
- Onion powder
- Garlic Clove or Garlic powder to taste
Again not very complicated here.
- Season and cut chicken breast into cubes or strips. I usually allow the chicken to sit out a little bit before I add it to the pan. Season it first so it has time to soak up the seasonings a bit.
- Brown pancetta in skillet over a medium to medium low heat
- Consider draining off some of the grease if the pancetta renders down significantly
- Add chicken & cook for 4-8 min depending on thickness. The chicken should be a bit spongy to touch.
- Any cut of chicken will do here. We like to buy thighs as well since the dark meat tends to be a little juicer.
- Seasoning is absolutely to taste here, but the pancetta should offer the predominant flavoring here. I have added a little ginger powder & mustard powder on other occasion with success
Side Dish Options:
I cooked some kale with pancetta, mushrooms & onions to go with this. Any side dish will go though. Your favorite leafy greans and a sweat potato perhaps.