Pressure Cooker Carnitas
Recipe Type: Main
Cuisine: Whole30® Approved
A simple, flavorful & relatively quick carnitas recipe.
- 4 lbs pork (country style ribs or Boston butt)
- 2 cups salsa or pick de gallo
- 4 cups beef broth
- Black & white pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1/2 onion
- Mix broth, salsa, onions and seasoning together in pressure cooker then cut up the pork into smaller chunks.
- Cook for 1 hour in pressure cooker or until meat falls apart.
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- Spread pork on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Before our Whole9/Paleo Diet I would sprinkle a little brown sugar on top just to help sweeten the carmaliziing process and balance out the beef bullion.
- Heat in oven for 15 min or until the pork gets a little crispy.
- If you are on the Whole30® Program serve this up on a bed of lettuce or in a lettuce - if not, serve with tortillas or in taco shells with your favorite garnishes
Options My next go around I may choose to try chicken stock/bullion instead of beef to reduce some of the heaviness of flavor. In my Pre-Paleo days I may have added an optional splash of my favorite Dr. Pepper or a Splash of my favorite canadian whiskey.