This paleo scone recipe is a sweet version of my simple & quick microwave paleo bread recipe. Not much of an introduction needed, the picture should be compelling enough.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 90 sec -> That's right!!
- 1/3 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Creme of Tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted/liquid) or Olive Oil - (Pick according to your preferred taste)
- 1 tablespoon diced & peeled Apple
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped Almonds
- Grease a microwave safe bowl or cup.
- Lightly dust diced Apples & Raisins in Tapiaco Flour to keep from sticking
- Mix together dry ingredients & wet separately - then incorporate together folding in the raisins, apples and half of the almonds.
- Pour mixture into bowl.
- Top with remaining almonds
- Microwave for 90 seconds on high.
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Remove gently and slice.
- A light, low-heat toast can give add the right finish.
Same with my bread comments, you can use any variation of flour here depending on the flavor you desire. Though if you want a toast-able bread I've found that if you use Almond Flour or Coconut Flour as the dominant flour option it get's a little too bitter once browned. Any fruit or nut can be added so be creative. I went for the classic flavor on this one but I'll be trying variations with pears, currents and/or cranberries. Not to mention adding spices like cinnamon or nutmeg as well. Add honey before or after cooking for additional sweetness as desired.